Sunday, October 17, 2010

Spicer's, How We Love Thee!

There is this wonderful cider mill about 30 minutes from us. They have apple orchards but also grow any fruit or veggie you can think of. They offer hay rides to take you to the part of the farm that you want to pick, they make the most amazing donuts and cider, and they have a really fun little play area and petting farm with goats and chickens that you can feed. It is so fun. I think I'll miss Spicer's more than anything when we move on to our next home. Violet's Parents as Teachers (SKIP) group had a field trip this past July where we were able to take a hay ride to pick raspberries and then cool off with some yummy cold cider and donuts. The kids played at the park for a while. It was a great way to spend a hot summer day.
Later we made some Raspberry sauce and had it on German Pancakes....yum-yum! Oliver went crazy for that! He is so cute when he is really enjoying what he's eating. His little cheeks get so full and he's so intent on what he's doing. I just love feeding that boy!!

No comments:

About Me

I'm a mom who loves staying home to enjoy all the craziness of raising 4 young children. I'm married to my true love who is the hardest working guy alive. He's finishing his residency in 2011 so maybe then we'll be able to hang out again. When not running after my kids, I love to just run, which all of the sudden isn't making much sense! My #1 goal in life is to introduce my children into this life of love, laughter, and faith that I am blessed to have.