Sunday, October 10, 2010

4th of July camp out

So, for Ivy's Birthday/Independence Day we went camping "up North" as the Michigan locals say. Up North doesn't necessarily mean the Upper Penn, it just means anything North of where you are. Anyway, we went to Lake Huron. There is a really old lighthouse and and a nice sandy beach. It was beautiful and the beach was just right. Warm and sunny, a bit of a breeze... it was great. The sad bar went out amazingly far, so far that Mark and the kids were just specks and I had to use the super zoom on the vid camera to find them so that was great! Ollie fell asleep and snoozed on the beach for much of the afternoon and got a crazy burn on just the back of his ankles as he was mostly covered w/ a towel. The two big girls were little fish, as usual and Ruby also enjoyed a nap, loving the sun and sand.

1 comment:

Judaloo said...

Ahhh, the joys of up north! We called going to Frankenmuth "up north". Miss it!

About Me

I'm a mom who loves staying home to enjoy all the craziness of raising 4 young children. I'm married to my true love who is the hardest working guy alive. He's finishing his residency in 2011 so maybe then we'll be able to hang out again. When not running after my kids, I love to just run, which all of the sudden isn't making much sense! My #1 goal in life is to introduce my children into this life of love, laughter, and faith that I am blessed to have.