Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Our Michigan Grandparents

The day after camping at Huron we met our Michigan Family at their cabin, again, Up North. They have a cute place right on one of the hundreds of beautiful little lakes scattered all over Michigan. We camped in their yard, ate their 'smores and used their bathroom, right along w/ all the other kids and grandkids. George and Pat live a few houses down from us. A day or two after moving into our house here in MI, they were out on one of their daily walks and they stopped by and introduced themselves. Days later we had dinner dropped by and a week later they had invited us up to their family farm to see the new baby cows. They have taken us in as their own children. We've spent Christmases, Father's Days, and now a 4th of July. We've celebrated births and mourned deaths together. They are truly our family and I can't imagine what the Michigan experience would have been without them.
Photos- 1st: playing in the lake, 2nd: playing on the lake, 3rd: not wanting to leave the lake, 4 4th: the view from the lake. We really enjoyed the lake:)
The reason we rarely see Oliver and Ruby on this trip is because Ollie was in one of his "Thou shalt have no pictures taken of me" moods, and Ruby was a sleepy little girl!

No comments:

About Me

I'm a mom who loves staying home to enjoy all the craziness of raising 4 young children. I'm married to my true love who is the hardest working guy alive. He's finishing his residency in 2011 so maybe then we'll be able to hang out again. When not running after my kids, I love to just run, which all of the sudden isn't making much sense! My #1 goal in life is to introduce my children into this life of love, laughter, and faith that I am blessed to have.